Saturday, February 5, 2011

Graduation Application...


Well I think the picture pretty much says what's been on my mind and what is in my future..Graduation! Last week I went onto campus and applied for Graduation. I wasn't sure what applying for graduation meant, but I went anxiously and eagerly to find out. Once at the office I was given a form that merely wanted my name, address, semester graduating, and if I'd be walking...Walking? Yes please! I'm more than tickled to get to walk in my college graduation and cant' wait for the day! So I "applied" for graduation if that's what you want to call it...I got an e-mail a few days ago notifying me that my application has been processed. As far as I can tell the only purpose in applying for graduation was to get my name on their list of students who "think" they are graduating. So just to make sure I'm good as gold to graduate I'm going to meet with my counselor to make sure everything is a.o.k.

I'm really stoaked that I'm at this point in my life though. It's been a long and adventurous 5 years and to think I'm almost the finish line is quite rewarding. I'm thankful for the opportunity I've had to attend college and get a college education. I'm not quite sure if I'll ever actually be able to put it into practice; since I want to become a mommy. But just getting a college education I know is important to me. I want to be a good example for our children as well and instill into their minds that furthering their education is important. And how can it be important to them if it wasn't important to their parents? Being able to go to college has been quite a challenge at times and rewarding, but I can honestly say I am SO ready to be done and am fighting senioritis pretty bad. :) All I can say is I am so excited for July and the chance I'll have to celebrate and see my family!

2 comments:

  1. Ya this is something to be proud of! We love you and your ability to endure to the end. You will be so happy you did it. Congratulations and we can't wait to come and see you "walk."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!!!!! Britt!!! You go girl! So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete