Friday, July 20, 2012

Bebe's Room

So one of my projects for the past month or so has been trying to get baby Robby's room put together. The poor thing hasn't officially had a cute little nursery or room since he was born, and I still had that desire/wanted to decorate his room! I tossed around the idea of making it more like a little boys room and less like a nursery (since he is 8 months old for crying out loud) but I just couldn't resist making it all cutsie! I'm pretty much obsessed with jungle theme and so that's what I went for with his room. I'm still not total done and haven't put this project to rest. But over-all it's pretty much complete. I've still got a few wall projects I want to do and have to deal with a wide glaring blank wall, but for the most part here it is!



One of the 1st things I made was his name sign, I love it.

One wall of his room....I also made his curtains as well which I love!

The goofy lamp I covered and put the material on up-side down! I may be re-covering this bad boy...

Another wall of his room.

And another wall...

I LOVE these little canvas pictures I made! I just wish I could've gotten canvas' a little larger than 8 x 8.

And this glaring huge blank wall....I'm thinking a shelf or some toy storage along it? I've got some ideas but it requires spending more of Robby's hard earned money and I think he's about sick of me investing money into this room ;)


So that's it! Over-all I'm so pleased with his room. There's still alot of white space and I think having tile in the room doesn't help...IF we stay I think I'll be looking for a cute area rug to go in there as well. I'm thinking of making a hanging diaper holder as well, and of course my few extra wall projects. Looking at his room over-all it deff. needs some more jungle theme to it, so I think I'll be tieing the same little animal shapes I used on the canvas onto other aspects of his room. I didn't want to go too over-board and wanted to keep it fairly clean and simple so I'll call it quits...For now ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment