Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Late nights and NO snacking...

So like my new motto in life of change it seems like my job is continually changing. I think I hold the record for the most jobs attained in one year...Because since being married I have had 1....2...3....now 4 jobs. Everytime I have saught out a new job I have been able to find one. My most recent job (which I love) I went in for my interview after only searching a week for a job, and they gave me the job right on site! I started the next day...I was so shocked and surprised! I have always been so blessed to find a job and sometimes I'm not so sure the good Lord should bless me so much. I'm very thankful for the job I have right now.


So...my new job...Kind of interesting...I work at a Hotel down in Idaho Falls called "Le Ritz". It's a privately owned hotel and if ANY of my faimly ever want to come visit I can get them a room for $39 a night *hint hint* so come on down! Haha. Part of my position is I am Front Desk/Night Audit. So...About 2 times a week I work graveyard shift. 11-7 shift work baby! It's actually not that bad..I come home extremely tired of course but just sleep most of the day and I'm good to go haha. I'm a night person anyway so working nights doesn't bother me; except for the fact that I leave my sweetie pie alone in the bed all night. Well since I'm trying to watch my eating yesterday was a little tough. Because I had been up since 10 AM that meant I ate all my regular meals, and by the time it was time to go to work I was hungry again! When normal people would just go to sleep and wake up and eat breakfast I had to stay up an extra 8 hours and not eat? That was WAY hard! Tonight shouldn't be as bad cause I had breakfast at 4 PM, so I'll just have my dinner before I go at 10 and be good to go! But last night I really struggled...PLUS at work my wonderful boss put out candy all over the place!? Seriously!? We're adults...we don't need Halloween candy! IIII don't need that temptation haha. But I stayed strong and only snuck a few pieces of candy corn. I have tomorrow off so I'm looking forward to a normal day and a good jog outside. I love the fall weather...



Robby's pumpkins

 Speaking of Fall weather and Halloween...Robby grew some pumpkins in his garden this past season and picked them yesterday. He was able to grown 4 of them and they are just darling! I'm trying to convince him to let us carve them...But I'm not sure if he'll let me do that to his babies...


I felt so bad yesterday because Robby for the past 2 weeks or so has been joking about when my brother gets up here they are going to go trick o' treating. Now seriously...A 24 year old and an 18 year old trick o' treating? Get real...All anyone is going to give them is a slammed door in their face. Which Robby should be use to since he served a mission...And maybe Vincent should get use to if he serves a mission. :) But Robby would say things like that and was totally kidding. Well my poor brother informs me last night he's excited to go trick o' treating? I'm like...Brubby...You're 18...You seriously think that's gonna happen? I had to devistate the poor guy and inform him that's not really going to happen. Plus Halloween is on a Sunday so that's deffinantly not an option. So then I felt bad and started looking at things to do on Campus for Halloween. They've got a Halloween concert on the 30th that Robby and I have gone to...But this year it's Cowboy themed (?). How is Cowboy theme Halloweenish? They also have a carnival/dance on the 30th...But my brother didn't seem that interested in that either. I guess he can dress up and try his luck at trick o' treating haha. We'll see if I'm working...They've been really good about not giving me Sunday's to work but I have to work on average a Sunday a month. Lets hope since I'm working 3-11 this Sunday they will give me a break! I'll tell them I have to take my 18 year old brother trick o' treating haha.

Happy Fall!


2 comments:

  1. SIL I love yo pictchas!!! The pumpkins looks great!!! Misss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha!! Love his pumpkins!!!! I say you take your brother to those things... can't say he doesn't like it if he hasn't ever tried it! Maybe he will have a blast... We didn't get any kids last year... I'm guessing you don't want us to send you any candy right? <3 you

    ReplyDelete