Saturday, June 18, 2011

Flutter Flutter

Well coming into week 18 I’ve read a lot about how you should be feeling the baby soon. Most articles I have been reading say that most women report feeling their baby around weeks 18-21, so I was now entering the range of getting to feel my baby. Since I’ve never had a baby, I wasn’t sure what to feel or what I was looking for. Since about week 16 I have thought I have felt the baby move, but I guess my own expectations are that it’s going to be something distinct and noticeable. When you think about my little peanut, who is only about 5.5 inches long and 8 ounces heavy, I shouldn’t expect much as far as movement goes.

So…about last week I started feeling little weird flutters in my abdomen. I guess the feeling can be compared to that of just regular digestive and bodily movements that sometimes you feel inside, so since they were so similar and very faint I really wasn’t passing them off as baby movement. I simply passed all these little movements off as just my body making them because it was getting to the point that any little movement or tinge inside of me I was convincing myself that it was the baby. I decided to just calm down and be chill about it all.

Starting last week I really started noticing a lot of flutter feelings in my lower abdomen. I was usually able to feel it or notice it when I was either sitting down or laying down, and it would happen more than once during a period of 5-10 minutes. During this week (week 18) I have really been feeling them a lot, and even though it’s not something very powerful or noticeable, I am beginning to think that these little flutters I keep feeling are from my little peanut. Ultimately I am still waiting for something more distinct and strong, but I am getting really anxious to feel my baby and see my baby next Friday! :)

1 comment:

  1. It's so exciting when you feel that and realize yikes there really is something in there. I remember when I first felt Bryan and I told Mike, his comment was, I want to feel it. Can't wait to find out boy or girl!

    ReplyDelete