Thursday, June 9, 2011

Oh baby baby...

May 27th~

Now that we’ve been to the doctor a few times…This visit wasn’t much more than a routine check-up. We were hoping to see our baby again, because that’s our favorite part, but we weren’t that lucky. Since I’m going to the Women’s Clinic, they have 5 doctors which they rotate you through; this way all the doctors become familiar with you and your pregnancy. We met with another new doctor and after reviewing my information we were ready to hear the heartbeat. At first he had a tough time finding the heartbeat, which got us a little worried. He decided to try a lower part on my abdomen and there was our little heart beat. This has begun to be a common occurrence with our little peanut, considering at our last appointment he/she laid flat in the uterus so we couldn’t get a very good picture! I have a feeling little peanut is going to give us a run for our money when finding out the sex in 2 weeks…

I was so happy to hear the heart beat and know that everything sounded good. It was so neat to hear the heart beat and know that it was coming from our little baby. I still think my favorite is when I get to see the baby on the ultrasound. Next appointment in 2 weeks will be REALLY exciting with the full work-up on the ultrasound and finding out what he or she is! :)

On another note…

Some of you have been buggin’ about belly shots. Unfortunately, I’m not one of those string bean women who has a little basketball on her tummy at this point. I will say that I am starting to FEEL fat. I’ve always been fat, but like I told Robby now I FEEL it, specially in my tummy area! I am starting to notice my stomach feels a little thicker at this point, but I guess for me it doesn’t seem like much has changed. Robby’s been really great about reminding me that it’s not fat being gained but baby. :) I certainly can’t wait to actually LOOK pregnant and not just look fat! It’s hard to go out and about and know I just look fat instead of pregnant. I guess I should get one of those shirts that says “It’s not fat, it’s baby.” :) It’s been so weird to actually feel my uterus and feel a little somethin’ somethin’ down there. I can feel as my mom describes it a “knot” in my uterus area, and when pressing down there is pressure and you can definitely feel something there.

Since I’m into week 17 this is typically the point where you start to feel the baby. I’ve begun to think I have felt the baby, but then again I’ll just think it’s something I’m making up in my head. I’m hoping soon it’ll just be easy to distinguish that it’s the baby moving. There are two things I certainly can’t wait for: To look pregnant and feel the baby move! :) Oh…and find out what we’re having!



Week 8

Week 17










1 comment: