Monday, June 6, 2011

Les Miserables

A few months back Robby had heard that Les Miserables was going to be playing at the Capitol theatre in Salt Lake City. He was really anxious and excited to get tickets and go see it. I really wasn't that familiar with the storyline other than seeing one version of the movie a year prior, but I was willing to go on a little trip to see it wth my hubby. It's only fair he get to pick the vacation trips once in a while ;)

Our tickets were for June 5th at 1PM, so we decided we would go down on Saturday and spend the day in Salt Lake just having some fun. We were lucky enough to get a cheap hotel room in down town Salt Lake thanks to a friend of ours, Joe. He had a convert who worked at a Marriott, so she was able to hook both us couples up with cheap rooms for the night.


Everyone loves a hotel room shot!

We headed down early Saturday in hopes of spending the day having some good quality time and possibly shopping! After a fabulous lunch at Chick-fil-A, we headed to an outside Mall, called The Gateway. Being from a small town in Southern Cali, this 2 story outdoors mall was the largest I've been to thus far! I've never been to a mall that was outside, but with the sunny weather it worked out perfectly. After shopping around for about 3.5 hours I think the best treasure we got was this beauty:




What can we say....We love our peanut butter cups!

After retreating back to the hotel with our spoils, we headed out for some Olive Garden.



After a long day of shopping and sun!

The next day we got up and went to Music and the Spoke Word at Temple Square. Since we were going to be missing church, we figured this could count somewhat. ;) They were having it in the Tabernacle, which surprisingly was packed with people. They had a guest group, which was a young men's choir from Africa. They had traveled from a private school there and came all the way to sing with the MoTab! I thought that was pretty neat.

Les Miserables started at 1PM so we headed down to get in our seats a little early.The awesome thing was from our hotel the Capital Theatre was only 2 blocks away, not bad at all. We were able to walk everywhere and save on gas. For those of you who have been to Salt Lake and are familiar with where Temple square is, we were close enough we could see the templ from our hotel window!



Capital Theatre for Les Miserables:






 


















View from our seats.




Waiting for the show to start!


Even though it was just a quick little weekend get-away, it was so nice to spend time with my hubby and get to add another 'broadway musical' to our list. I eyed a poster for Beauty and the Beast March 20-25, 2012...So just maybe...We'll have to take another trip down to Capital theatre come next year. :)


3 comments:

  1. jealous! I so wanted to go to Les Mis!...sadly my wife was working and couldn't get the time off :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed it.. it's a great play... and made me want to stand up and sing right along. I loved that show. Now I want to see it again. I say come and lets do Lion King.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like tons of fun!
    I'm jealous of that mall! and I'm really jealous of that reese's cup!!

    When do we get belly pictures?!

    ReplyDelete