Saturday, June 25, 2011

I'm having a boy...

Yesterday as many already know we found out we were having a baby boy. I was extremely excited to find out what we were having, and I wasn’t sure how I would feel. I’ve been working on a blessing dress in my sewing class, and so every time someone asked me what I wanted I really didn’t care, but part of me wanted a girl so I could actually USE the dress. Granted there’s still a chance I’ll get to use it, but that won’t be for a while now! Anyway, so deep down inside I’ve been really pushing towards a baby girl. After all, baby girls are so fun! You get the pink, soft, bows, and flower type theme and what’s not fun about that!? It’s practically like having a little doll you get to play dress up with every day with a baby girl. All I had ever known growing up were baby girls, since I only had 2 baby sisters, so you could say deep down I was pushing for a little girl because that’s all I’ve ever known.

The night before we went in for our appointment though I had a dream it was a boy. It was so real and in the dream there was no doubt it was a boy. Pretty un-real considering we are having a boy! Maybe with very child the night before we go in for our revealing appointment I’ll have a dream of what it’s going to be! Even after that dream though I still kept thinking “It’s a girl…it’s a girl...”

Even though I was going to be finding out what we were having I was SO anxious just to see my sweet baby. I LOVE ultrasounds especially after the last one because you could see the baby actually moving around which just made it all that more real to me that there was a little person inside of me. As she started the ultrasound my heart just melted seeing our baby wiggling and rolling around. He/she (at this point) was very active rolling and moving their arms. I watched in awe as our baby moved, and at one point looked as if it was trying to suck its thumb. At one point the ultrasound tech. pointed out that our baby was chewing! I’m not sure what he thought he was chewing on..but you could see the little mouth chewing up and down. I loved it! There came a point about halfway through the ultrasound that the angle was that of the gender picture we have, where it looked like a little somethin’ something was sticking out. When that image came into view I thought “That’s a boy”. I didn’t say anything but shortly after she said, “Well…it’s a boy!” I just held onto Robby’s hand and gazed at my little man. At that point it didn’t matter what the baby was, I had a healthy, active, baby boy inside of me. My mom texted me after and asked if I was disappointed at all, I told her after seeing him moving around and finding out he was a he…I didn’t care at all anymore, I was in love!


It's a boy!


Laying on his side...Back facing
 I told Robby it’s kind of unreal to imagine we are going to have a baby boy, just like when we first saw our baby for the first time the reality sinking in that we were pregnant. I think God makes it 9 months because it takes a human brain that long for everything to register. At this point we’ve accepted I’m pregnant, and now it’s getting use to the idea that we are actually having a baby…a baby boy! In 4.5 months we will be blessed with a little bundle of blues, greens, and little toy cars…And I can’t wait! I’m so thankful for what we’ve been given and am so completely in love with him already I can’t imagine what my love will be like once he’s actually here in our home. It’s so unreal to try and comprehend what it’s like to have another little being growing inside of you and thinking, “He’s ours..He’s coming to our home.” I’m totally ecstatic.


1 Newborn
2 (0-3) Months
1 (3-6) Months
  Last night Robby and I celebrated by purchasing our first of many little man outfits I’m sure. It was nice to go out and find cute little boy clothes, because for some reason I was thinking only little girls could be fun to dress up. It was kind of silly of me, but at first when I found out we were having a baby boy I felt a little under-qualified. I’m pretty confident in my abilities to take care of a baby. I mean I know how to change a diaper, burp them, hold them, and even bath them. I’m not foreign to babies, but I am a little foreign to baby boys. I started to kind of freak out until I realized, there isn’t much difference to a baby boy and a baby girl. A baby boy still needs to be loved, cuddled, talked to, bathed, clothed, and fed. He still needs just as much love as a baby girl! After letting it all process and sink in I’m completely content, happy, and anxious for our little man to arrive. Granted, I need these next 4 months to nest and get things ready for him.  I’ve decided there are some freaking adorable baby boy clothes out there and I can’t wait to go shopping some more! I think I’ll refrain though till the grandma’s are in town :)


MY personal favorite!

Look at the little feet! Ahh! :)


1 comment:

  1. Totally love the clothes. And there is nothing better than a big brother to take care of his little sister. Is Robby walking around with his chest out a little more? :-) I am pretty sure you'll love him to death.

    ReplyDelete