Sunday, January 1, 2012

This Christmas...

This Christmas was a little different than any other Christmas that we've experienced, primarily because a certain little boy was joining us this year...


His first Christmas :) And I'm so happy he is ours to spend it with! Christmas was also a little different because we decided to stay in Rexburg for Christmas; this meant just the 3 of us. I had decided even before baby Robby was born that I didn't want to travel with him at such a young age. There were so many factors that contributed, but primarily I just didn't want to take my sweet pressure little peanut out where he would be exposed to all the germs and gunk that people tend to carry this time of the year. And prior to having a baby I was EXTREMLY intimidated at my capabilities to even take care of a baby. It's amazing how the moment he was born I naturally had the will and desire to care for him and all my fears and insecurities about being his mom went out the door. Anyway...So we just kicked it in Idaho for Christmas.



Just the three of us!

It was so interesting to me that having a baby changed my outlook on Christmas and what I focussed on. I caught myself focussing much more on the true meaning of Christmas and found a certain reverance in having a little one around. I also noticed that I focussed MUCH more on my baby's needs and his interaction than opening my own gifts and what not. Which everyone else it seemed to me atleast focussed on bebe MUCH more than probably needs be. :)




What a spoiled little bebe! ;)





Look at all my spoils!!


Other than having such a precious little man in our lives this Christmas, the greatest gift we recieved (and probably one of the greatest gifts I've ever gotten) was a quilt made by my loving in-laws. Robby and I took turns opening our family gifts, and I got to open this gift...As I unfolded the quilt and realized what it was my eyes filled with tears and while trying to gain my composure I told Robby, "It's got pictures of us!" There's nothing I love more than my little family and to have such a thoughful and beautiful quilt was wonderful! I simply love it!



Christmas was a little different, but I think it helped me focus and realize what truly matters and what the greatest gift of all is for me other than the birth of our Savior, family.


2 comments:

  1. Ha! I love short stuff with all his loot! He deserves it all. I'm glad you had a wonderful Christmas. We all missed you guys like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you tear up when you get a quilt, then you are right to own one. You deserve it and more, my dear!

    ReplyDelete