Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Little TOO much to love...

Okay...So oooone more blog post before the new pictures. I promise they're coming! In fact I'll take them tomorrow. After I get the place fixed up haha. I'm afraid the place is as good as it's gonna get for now...Our bedroom and the babies room are a work in progress, but that's another blog post in itself! So. You may be wondering, what's this blog post regarding then? A little too much to love? Are you sick of your baby already? No, it's nothing like that...It's about something I've been trying to make a goal of mine even BEFORE I had the baby...See...When we decided when we'd start trying to have a baby I had a good ohh 6 months before that deadline. So, I had told myself I was going to get in shape and fit before getting pregnant so I'd be in tip top shape for pregnancy. Pwahaha! What a funny joke! Now I have a 6 month old, am still just as fat (if not heavier), and keep dreaming that I'm going to do something about it. At this point I just feel really trapped because I'm nursing and I am SO paranoid about drying up if I start exercising and "dieting". So the past 6 months I've just used that as a convenient excuse to not put forth a good effort. But there's just so many reasons that I really need to push forward and just be cautious and smart about what I'm doing. I really don't want to sabotage nursing! 

What has really gotten me thinking a lot about losing weight (other than thinking about it for the past ohhh...5 years or so?) is that I have a little guy now. And I want to be able to keep up with him! I don't want to end up being one of those parents who just watches my kids life from the sidelines. I want to be able to keep up if not be able to out last my little guy when we play around the yard. I want to be able to crawl around with him on the floor and not need a break because my legs hurt or I'm out of breath. Being able to experiences my baby boy's life right alongside him is one of the BIGGEST motivating factors. Along with that I have decided I REALLY want to be at my weight range for my body before my next pregnancy. It's not an option...I HAVE to lose weight and get down to the targeted weight for my body before we get pregnant again. Robby may hear that and start bringing home the ding-dongs and ho-hos, cause I'm not sure another baby is in his future at all right now. ;) I just know that even though I had an easy pregnancy I don't want to put my body through the strain of carrying around all this extra weight again. It's got enough work cut out for it for 9 months as is. Plus, looking back I really don't know how much my weight hindered how well things went in the end. Maybe if I hadn't been over-weight I would have had the baby vaginally? Or not had high blood pressure which complicated things. I'll never know unless I get down to that weight and have another baby! So ultimately that's where we're at...I HAVE to lose weight if I'm going to have anymore kids.

So with that I started eating right yesterday. I'm still not sure what I want to do exercise wise...My favorite thing of all time is working out on the elliptical. But we don't have the room or money for one right now and I don't have a free Gym I can go take advantage of anymore. So right now it's just figuring out what works for bebe and my schedule and what I enjoy. We've been going on walks of an evening, but I just don't know if that cuts it. As far as food goes I started a food journal yesterday and I'm just trying to be aware of what I put into my body. Not really trying to diet, but just be mindful of my carb and sugar instake. So with that I took some pictures...So I can remember how chubbilicious I was when I'm hot and skinny. ;)

There are a few things I've come to terms with...One is I'm always going to have a booty and always going to carry fat around my belly. But since having the baby the belly fat as multiplied and that's just no bueno! I think my biggest goal is to get a flatter smoother tummy.

I mean...I don't want to still look like I'm pregnant here!
I've also come to terms that I'm never going to be shapely. I'm not going to be that hour glass\ pear shape I've always drempt of being. No hiplicious boy legged figure for me I guess!


A face shot as well...Because I know my face will thin out as I lose weight!

So, I feel like I'm beating a dead horse here...But I REALLY am going to lose weight! It may be slow since I'm nursing and all, but I am! I'm determined! Because no cute siblings for baby Robby if I don't! And I do want to have more babies! So if anyone has tips\trips or wants to be my cheerleader I'd greatly appreciate it! I need all the help I can get. Food is just too dang good so it's going to be a struggle!

In other news...I just wanted to post a few pictures of my adorable bebe! Ugh we love him so much!!

We don't have an actual bathtub...So he gets warshed in the kitchen sink!

You blinked!!


Smiled like this all on his own!

Lovin's from mommy! :)

4 comments:

  1. I'll be your cheerleader now if you'll be mine in a few months!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do this. Take one day at a time. We can do this together. One thing I've learned is I that I am worth doing rhis for myself. Baby steps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Motivational. That about sums it up for me. ;) Good goals, and I always do better if I put them on paper, so way to make a blog commitment:). My only suggestion for exercise comes from my own experience... and our moms:). When Haydin goes back to sleep for the morning, I pop the good old Jillian Michaels dvd in and get in a quick 30 minute workout. It isn't much, but it still kicks my can in the morning, and fits nicely in during Haydin's naps. As for eating... ha. I'm still workin on the motivation for that one... but for now it's all about portion control for me. Just making sure that I don't eat more than I need to is a goal. Anyways, if you need a cheerleader, it's not me, but if you want a team mate, sign me up:) We can lose our baby weight together, and make healthy living a lifestyle instead of a fad:). Then we can have more cute babies. Keep up the good work, and keep blogging:).

      Delete