Friday, May 11, 2012

I have a 6 month old...

Sooo...It's been a while since I've blogged...And in this space of time I went from having a 4 month old to a 6 month old! Lots has transpired in between my last post, but I'm going to start most current and then go backwards, because I'm crazy like that.

So yesterday our sweet chub-muffin (as he's been nicknamed by friends) turned 6 months old. Looking back at the last 6 months it has FLOWN by! Time has flown by so much that I still think my buddy is in 3 month clothes; to mommy's dismay he is now in 6-9 month clothes! That 3 month shirt just can't get any tighter momma...time to bag it. Darn. Here's looking back at how much chunk-a-munk has grown! <3

2 weeks old
6 months old




2 weeks

6 months

 So me being the sentimental person that I am I took about a billion photos of bebe yesterday and went out and bought him his first 6 months+ toy. He was a little hesitant of it at first with it's fancy music playing and the way it wobbled back and forth, but I think he warmed up to it in the end..





I just cannot believe he's ours...I'm so incredibly blessed to have such a fun, happy, precious, joyful little man in our home. He's incredibly trying at times! But he's making me such a better person through it all; and he's making me a more patient momma for his siblings ;) I couldn't ask for a more perfect spirit to start our family...I just wish he'd slow down with the growing up and getting big stuff!


Snuggles for mommy, my favorite <3

And kisses from mommy! His favorite? :P

My big boy!!

Ooook. So now for some scattered events...You can't really tell in the pictures above, but at the beginning of April chub-muffin here got a haircut...Just a trim mind you, and it was only along his for-head and neck that I trimmed. 5 month olds aren't the most cooperative and easiest customers to get a haircut mind you!! So daddy held and I did my best to get the hair out of his eyes...It looks pretty dorky since it's combed straight down and it's freshly cut, but it looked better with time ok!


Makes me think of a Ninja or something...
Before

After

It's been quite the adventure having a baby with such luscious locks from the get go for sure! But I've learned how to trim a 5 month old's hair and I've learned how to keep a 5 month old distracted long enough to de-tangle their hair as well! :)

SO. Onto the next event! Most of you are aware that Robby got an internship down in Arizona and we are now residing in Miami, AZ. Needless to say a 16 hour trip with a 5.5 month old seemed daunting and impossible, but venture on we did! We split the miles up into 3 days and I couldn't have asked for a better backseat rider. Bebe did FANTASTIC! We ended up stopping more for the adults than we did for him. I'm so incredibly thankful that my mom was able to come along for the ride as well! When bebe was getting a little fussy my mom was able to get in the back with him and play his Baby Einstein's for him. PORTABLE DVD PLAYERS ARE A GOD SEND! It ended up being a rather pleasant trip and I'm so grateful we made it here safe, sound, and our sanity in one piece. Thanks for not screaming bloody murder the entire 16 hours bebe! :)

Family water photo op!

His first time in a pool and all he wants is to suck his thumb! :)

Welcome to Arizona! Please excuse our dorky Prom type pose.

Budget truck!! Oh...And Robby's gun which he speedily put on after we crossed into AZ!




When we had to take the Budget truck back the drop off was in Mesa. My Grandparents and mom and uncle were sealed together in that Temple, so we took a little pit stop so my mom could get a few pictures of it and we could see it. It's very pretty grounds I think with the palm trees and water pools!

Baby Robby, Daddy Robby, Me, & my Mom

His first time on grass...He wasn't THAT into it!

I just thought this looked so cool, so I took it!




Next time on Brittany's Blog: We'll be taking a photo tour of the new place! Yay!! Till then here's a sneak peak...

It's not much of a looker on the outside...But the inside is Great!

No comments:

Post a Comment