Monday, May 14, 2012

Mommy's Day

Ok ok...So I said my next post would be a tour of our new place, BUT! I failed to remember that Mother's Day would probably be coming around before I got another post in. After all, it took me 2.5 months to finally post? Plus I'm not ready for the big un-veiling just yet...I'm still trying to get it looking how we'll be living in it for the next 4 (hopefully more) months. Plus there's like what...2 maybe 3 of you who even read this so it's not like I have a BIIIG audience awaiting photos or anything...I'm full of excuses so don't try to fight me on this! :)

So yesterday I got to officially celebrate Mother's Day for the first time! Last year I was pregnant and I remember Robby getting me a card and making me dinner and what not...But I didn't feel like I deserved to really celebrate; boy did I this year!! I was happy to call this holiday mine and celebrate it. After all...I've put in enough sleepless nights, blow-outs, and screaming fits to at least celebrate a wee bit. Not as much as you momma's going on 10+ years or experience or anything! So it was neat to get to celebrate being a mom and having my guys around me all day. I'm thankful for the one who helped make me a mama, and for the one who made me a mama!

Being that I love flowers (pretty much any shape, size, and color) my hubby got me something more practical...A potted flower (I'll still end up killing it cause that's what I seem to do!). He got me orchids which I think are very pretty and very delicate, nay, difficult to keep alive! Pretty none-the-less and I love having greenery in my home!


The other thing my hubby gave me was a gift from him, credited to my son. It was his hand prints with "Happy Mother's Day 2012" around it. I love it! It still needs a frame and then it's going on the bookshelf most likely. Going to keep it forever!!

Awe!        

Being that I'm married to a chef (a chef who no longer cooks for a living!), I got a mouth watering dinner and dessert! Robby's signature dish (at least that's what I'm calling it) is Chicken Samarino. He practically makes it for every special occasion for me because it's soo good and takes hours in the kitchen to make. But it's sooo good! Dessert I thought was sweet (literally and emotionally) because my hubby made Red velvet cake, which I LOVE! And I've been going on and on lately about Red velvet cake so the fact that he remembered and thought to make it was sweet. He's so good to me.

Dinner!

And half of dessert, yum!

I'm so grateful for a husband who appreciates me and recognizes all I'm doing for our son. I try to be the best mom I can but I know I fall short a lot of the time. I just hope I'm giving him enough hugs, kisses, squeezes, and lovin's to make up for my short comings. I use to have such a fear of not being able to become a mom (cause I'm a debby downer like that) and so I was so incredibly happy and grateful to become a mom! No matter HOW hard it is sometimes!

2 comments:

  1. Love it and yes I'm excited to see the pictures of your place. Sounds like your day was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love this post Brittany:) Happy late Mother's Day:) I'm sure you are doing an awesome job as a mommy!:)

      Delete