Sunday, June 2, 2013

Quilts

So lately life has gotten the best of me aaand blogging has not. I haven't written about this list in ages, and haven't written period in what...3 weeks? First...wee man got sick. First Sunday in nursery and he gets sick...Like...bad bad cold sick. To the point I was convinced he was going to die and took him to the Dr...oh no...just an ear infection and a cold. Then...I got sick...Same wicked bad cold...THEN while still sick with said bad bad head cold hubs and I both got the stomach bug! All a the while trying to take care of ourselves and a recovering from sick wee man. I am SO done with the sickness for now! We got well just in time to go to California...

A few months ago I knew I wanted to make my sister something for graduation. "Little girl" as I always called her was graduating from 8th grade...8th grade!! My little sister. It's un-believeable. So I started picking her brain and with a few ideas from her and a few of my own I decided to make her a quilt. I was a little skeptical that she would even like it, but turns out she loved it, and I loved making it for her.

Pink pink pink! She loves pink.

Preparation for the binding.
I even did the binding! Quite an accomplishment for me.



This was the first quilt I'd ever done from start to finish. It felt great to do it and I felt quite proud once I was done...even if it had imperfections. I have to give a big shout out to my mother-in-law Annette, because I think her showing me that making quilts can be fun is what helped me feel confident to even TRY this feit.

The happy receiver!

2 comments:

  1. Looks amazing! I'm glad she loved it. So fun to make. I need to get my family wall hanging quilted. I really want to get that up. And I have a Flag Bargello wall hanging to do next. I'm so excited to get something for each month. The real challenge is going to be where do I hang it? Good job on the quilt! Now what's next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A quiet book for Liam for his 1st birthday :-)

    ReplyDelete