Thursday, November 7, 2013

5 Years of Eternity

Amidst my crazy filled life one milestone that I can't skip over is our 5 year anniversary. 5 years?? Really? It was hard to believe that we'd actually hit it. September 5th came, and we'd been married 5 years. We're starting to push the old married couple status. But I'm proud of these last 5 years. I'm proud of the man I got to share them with, and I can't wait to get another 5 years under our belt. 5 years has brought a lot for our family. We:

  • Met. Best day of my life by far. Oh, except the day we were married forever. Oh, and the day wee man was born. But seriously...Best day ever was when I met my soul mate. 
  • Got married. Best. Day. Ever.
  • Both graduated college. Go us.
  • Got pregnant. Craziest ride by far in the last 5 years but SO ready to do it again with ma man.
  • Had a baby. Helloooo sleep deprivation.
  • Moved. Bye-bye Rexburg...I still miss you!
  • Moved again. Bye-bye Miami, AZ...I won't miss our scorpion infested house.
  • And reside in Phoenix, AZ. Who knew!? I sure didn't...I couldn't have depicted where I'd be after 5 years...But I'm grateful for where I am and the memories we've created along the way. We've had an amazing and blessed 5 years! And just for fun...Here's us along the way. 
Seriously...Look at those babies!

1 year anniversary.

2 year anniversary.

3 year anniversary.

4 year anniversary.

5 year anniversary.

5 years and here we are today! I love my little family!

So ya...5 years...It's pretty big! And as such we kinda wanted to do something bigger than just dinner. So what did we do? We took a trip to Mexico! It was an adventure I was hesitant to embark on, especially when my hubs comes home from work with horror stories from co-workers (not cool hubs...not cool), but none-the-less I grudgingly went along with the plan. Got to get my first passport card and cross the boarder for the first time. Fun stuff. My review: It was awesome! We had such an amazing time and all we could do was talk about how amazing it would be to come back with our fam. Hint hint family we'd love to take a trip down there with anyone willing to go hint hint. So without further adew, our 5 year anniversary trip to Mexico!

Day 1: Getting there and our place.
Let's not dwell too much on the fact that we DID get lost trying to find the resort, but let's talk about it for a wee minute. WE GOT LOST. I was freaking out, especially since we were now in another country and it was getting dark soon. I freaked. I was just envisioning the next "taken" movie being created, and we were the main characters in the plot. After a wild hour of driving down dusty dirt roads and through fish markets we landed to our sanctuary, and I seriously didn't think I'd want to venture away from the resort the entire stay. 

The room.

The vanity.

The kitchen. Complete with appliances, pots, and cutlery.

The dining area.

The hubs. The livingroom.

The American TV show. Shark Tank.

Another look.

Us. Safely beginning our relaxing get-away.

Day 2: Adventures local.
By the next day my nerves had settled and finding out that my vision of there being a Wal*Mart across the street was void we promptly decided we'd need to find a grocery store. The bottled water and granola bars I had packed weren't gonna last long. After visiting their local market I realized this place wasn't that bad. And chances are we weren't gonna die. So off to the pier we went for some shopping! Oh...P.S. first a morning stroll on the beach.

2 of many pools they had.

Heading down to the beach.


Our resort. Literally beach front. Amazing.

:-)



Can you see it?

A rock taking our picture.

4 ever.

The only thing we found in the tide pools.

Pool area.

Our spoils from the beach.

Mexican food.

ALL in Spanish. Blow my mind.

The view from our balcony.

Pool area.

I could live like this.

Me.

Our balcony.
 
Along the pier.


Me + the pier.

Our attempt at a timer.

A little better timer picture.

Our resort WAY over there.

Awesome.


Day 2: Beach Day
We spent the 2nd day just bummin' it on the beach. 














Don't worry. They're virgin.





Worn out from a day in the sun.

Hammock + Mexican ice cream.




Looking for shells.



Robby took this.




See what I mean? Amazing vacation with an amazing man.

2 comments:

  1. i'm glad you posted these! i hadn't seen any from your trip! i would have been pretty scared being in mexico too! did robby have to use his spanish a lot or did most people speak english? i'd love to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya...no one had seen the pictures cause I'm so behind! He did use his Spanish a few times...It was pretty studly to watch him, I pretty much was defenseless and clung to him the entire time for fear I'd get lost and no one would understand me. :-P The people on the pier with the shops spoke English some-what. When should we schedule our trip with you guys!?

      Delete