Sunday, April 21, 2013

10 things to tell your 16 year old self

4/30: List 10 things you would tell your 16 year old self, if you could

I'm a day behind in this, and I was doing so good. Darnit. But here's day 4's post...I thought this one was very interesting...And I SO wish I could go back and just spill everything that 16 year old me needs to know. We'd have some long, long talks.

 #1 Kiss. Ya you read that right. I would tell cute 16 year old me that dreaming of your first kiss being with your prince charming is a load and that I should have just used those virgin lips up. I had more than one opportunity to kiss and I should have just ventured out and did it. I was saving it to be something spectacular and well…it wasn’t. He was SO not worth saving that first kiss for. What a waste! So 16 year old me…kiss away! But don’t be a whore about it.




#2 Keep your friends. You aren’t gonna have many when it’s all said and done. So remember to talk to them and keep them close throughout the years. Don’t let life consume you so much that you forget them along the way.

#3 Ask that guy to prom. I sat and sat around pining over the guy I wanted to go to prom with and in the end he asked some girl 2 grades below us. Granted perhaps in not going to prom with him I avoided falling madly in love; which in turn would mean missing out on finding the love of my life. But still…ask him to prom! Be more out-going and forward girl!

#4 Keep that job. And don’t blow all the money. I quit my job I had that paid rather well. I’d tell myself to keep that job and be smart about saving some of it for college.

#5 Learn to love yourself. Or else you’ll be 25 and still have the self esteem of a glasses wearing braces dawning 13 year old girl at the awkward stage. Just learn to compliment yourself and be complimented. 



 #6 Stay skinny. I’d tell myself to please PLEASE keep up the healthy eating and exercising so that your 25 year old self isn’t struggling and battling with it so much.

#7 You will get married. So stop crying and spending those long nights wondering if you’ll ever meet someone who wants you. Ya those guys didn’t want you cause you wouldn’t sleep with them…But trust me…You will be wanted and you will find him. So stop worrying about being the weird cat lady. You’re gonna find Mr. Wonderful and then you’ll wonder why you ever wasted so much time crying over being alone.

#8 Though 16 year old me prolly won’t want to hear this I’d tell myself to be prepared to either fight hard to push out a 9lb 3oz baby, or prepare to know you will have a c-section. I think it’d save a lot of heart break and turmoil now to know what the future holds.

#9 Do more. Do more and venture out while in High School AND collage. Be-friend that kid who sits alone, don’t mock those who are less fortunate. BE that kid who’s friends to all and doesn’t care what anyone thinks. PLEASE try to stop making everyone happy.

#10 Learn to cook and do your laundry. Give your poor mother a break and learn to do both girl. Oh and listen to her…she knows what she’s talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment