Sunday, April 28, 2013

9/30: People

So this writing every day has become quite tiring! I'm a couple days behind but here's post 9. 

 
9/30: List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.

1.      My husband. Gosh, how has he NOT? He constantly believes in me and thinks I’m smart, beautiful, funny, giving, and loving even when I think I’m not. He never puts me down and he helps me achieve my dreams. Whether it’s religious, academic, socially, emotionally, or independent choices he’s always behind me 100%; and that always makes me feel confident in what I do in life. He’s always complimenting me and is my biggest fan.
2.      My son. He’s changed my life completely and thanks to him I’m trying to be a better mommy. He influences me just by being my son to be more out-going and social for his sake. I want to be a better person because I’m his mommy.
3.      My mom. I’m pretty sure I got to where I am because of her. Going to church, seminary, and doing well in general wasn’t an option and certain things were just expected growing up. And I’m grateful for that. She never doubted I couldn’t go to college or accomplish things in life. A lot of the things I do are because of the way I was raised and by watching her example.
4.      My grandad. When I was a teenager he would always be bringing me a new book. During the summer it seemed like I was getting a new book from him a week. I look fondly back at that and am so grateful he did, because I think that’s where I developed my love for reading.
5.      My high school English teacher. 100% of the way she influenced me and instilled in me the love for English. She was caring about her students and English and all 4 years were a joy and definitely had an impact on my future.
6.      My in-laws. I watch them and appreciate the example they instill on me as a couple. Their example helps me envision the kind of relationship I want to carry forth with my husband. They’ve influenced my life tremendously by having my husband. If they had never had him then I wouldn’t have the life I have now. :)
7.      My cousin. When I was in 9th grade I hung out with a pretty rough and rowdy crowd. They started to do things I didn’t (drink, smoke, sex, party) and I found myself feeling more and more distant from the group. I had a cousin who hung around with me too. There was another group that we weren’t a part of, but that’s where all the popular, fun, and LDS kids hung out at. You know how “clicky” group can be, but one day my cousins like “Let’s just go over there it only takes one time and we’re in.” So with her lead we went over there. If it weren’t for her bravery I may have never gotten to be a part of the group where I truly belonged and fit in. I had the most fun with those people and have her to thank.
8.      My young women leaders. Little did they know they were having such a huge impact on me. They instilled in me the importance of a temple marriage and staying worthy and righteous. Perhaps the lessons and words get repetitive, but it really sunk into me and helped me reach my goals.
9.      My sewing instructors. I went from having a fear of a straight stitch to creating entire garments, quilts, curtains, etc. I’m thankful for their confidence in me and their patient lessons.
10. My friends. I had to say “friends” because there have been so many throughout my life that have impacted me. From those years of having no one but that one best friend to being included and feeling wanted. Friends have had such an influence on me and have just always made an impact on what kind of day I was having. I’m grateful for those friends who took the time to throw me a birthday party, invite me on that girls night out, or take the time to listen when I needed a shoulder.

No comments:

Post a Comment