Monday, April 29, 2013

10/30: Embarrassing

10/30: Describe your most embarrassing moment


So…this was kind of a tossup between two not so very dramatic embarrassing moments. I think the older I get the more I am cautious and aware of myself and try to not put myself in such predicaments. Being embarrassed is not my forte, and I try to avoid such incidences at all costs.

Moment #1 When I was in 3rd grade I remember having my first real crush. It was a new kid who had just moved into our grade. He was quiet and pretty cute. I was quiet, chubby, and not so cute. I remember getting the guts up to write him a note telling him I liked him. I gave it to him right before we got on the bus. To my horror, shock, and dismay he began READING my note to his cousin, brother, and anyone else who was in ear shot on the bus. I was mortified. Never again did I write a boy a note, and from that moment on, I hated that kid. Crush problem…taken care of!

Moment #2 So…at my college they had this thing called “Devotional” and every Tuesday at 2PM as many of the students that could gather gathered on campus to hear a spiritual message. Most of the time on this day students tried to dress a little better (suit, tie, dresses, skirts). Most Tuesdays I didn’t really put forth much effort, but one beautiful spring day I decided I’d go the extra mile and put on a skirt and heals. It felt good to dress nice…until…I was coming down a hill from class ready to head to Devotional and I fell…I fell in 4 inch heels and a skirt. Toppled right over myself right onto the cement. Books went flying, papers skirted across the grass, and any modesty I was possessing went straight out the window. If no one knew the color of my underwear before they certainly did now. I was horrified. Pulling what dignity I had left I collected myself and limped home; you can guess I bagged the idea of going to Devotional that day.

Oh…and you know what else is kind of embarrassing/creepy/annoying? When you’re dating a totally hot guy (ma hubs) and you’re getting kind of close and friendly on the couch and his roommate walks in saying, “Are you guys making out!?” I’d catch him from time to time with a blank stare on his face just watching us kiss. It was…uncomfortable to say the least.

Good times.

2 comments: