Thursday, April 25, 2013

8/30: Passions


8/30: What are 5 passions you have?

There are a lot of things I’m passionate about so it was hard to choose. But here’s my list. I kind of feel like things are starting to over-lap at this point. But the things that are the most important to me are kind of the same things that make me happy and are kind of the same things I’m passionate about.

1.       My family. No brainer right? But dang. I am so passionate about family and spending time as a family and just being together. I love my family like crazy and if I had it my way we’d all live on the same street! I can never get enough family time. Family is the whole reason we’re here.

2.       The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I tend to be kind of reserved about my religion. I’m not the type of person who preaches to others and is bold and boisterous regarding it, but I do have passion and am passionate about my religion. I respect and believe the principles to be true. I love what it teaches and what it does for me in my life. And I’m proud, thankful, and blessed to be a member of this church.  

3.       Health and fitness. I’m slowly becoming passionate about taking care of our bodies and finding ways to improve. This past month I’ve spent a lot of time finding healthy meals or health alternatives to feed my family, and though I’m not a chef I really enjoy finding new, yummy, and healthy recipes to feed my family. I’m really starting to get passionate about working out again and feeling the strength it gives me. There is certainly something to be said about our bodies being temples and they are what we make them.

4.       Sewing, crafts, and creating things. Thanks to pinterest I have become an avid sewer and crafter. I love the high and accomplishment I get once I have created something; it’s quite addicting. I love being able to stand back and say “I made this.” It brings me a lot of happiness to make things around my home instead of just buying them, and most of the time it saves me more money to make it!

5.       Music. This one’s another repeat but I can’t tell you how much music means to me. I’m not that musically inclined, I mean I can kinda play the piano and I’m not tone deaf by any means, but I’m so incredibly passionate about what music does for a person. Music has always tugged at my heartstrings (get it…heart strings…like strings on a guitar…music…eh?? eh??) and I’ve always been very emotional and moved by music. Since I was a teenager I can remember sitting in church and tearing up over a song we were singing. You can feel the spirit and the emotion in a song and it always gets to me. Music has always been an outlet to find peace and comfort when I’m feeling down or having a rough time. As soon as the instruments begin and the words fill my ears I just feel better, and whole again. That may all sound a bit corny but it’s the only way I can describe it. Music gets to me in a way that heals and uplifts at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment