Tuesday, April 30, 2013

11/30: Pet peeves


11/30: Describe 10 pet peeves you have.


I knew this one would be fun…because let’s face it, we all have things that urk us and just drive us madly insane. I’m pretty sure I could list 20 pet peeves I have, but I’ll keep it to 10.

1. Clutter. I’m kind of OCD when it comes to things constantly being picked up. Things can’t be laying on the floor or scattered all over the counter. When Robby was little I was constantly picking up right behind him, now I’ve eased up a bit and only wig out after he’s gone to bed. I can’t simply go to bed and leave the toys, pillows, blankets, and counters a mess. I can’t. Clutter and laziness bugs me.

2. Biting ones nails. Nail biting really gets under my skin. It’s not so much the fact that they’re doing it, but the sound of them chomping down that makes me skin crawl. I just wanna crab their hand and say “Stop it!” 

3. Toilet seats up. My main squeeze has learned in our almost 5 year of marriage that this is a no-no. The toilet seat must be dooown. Its funny when someone comes over that isn’t trained in such a habit, because they always leave the seat up. Like…hello…I live here too!

4. Bad drivers. You know the ones…That weave in and out and are constantly switching lanes because they’re just in THAT big of a hurry? I hate them. They create road rage in me so bad. Sometimes when they’re trying to speed around me or I know they’re gonna get in my lane I speed up or slow down so they can’t. Hey, I’m doing them a favor, I’m trying to make them a safer driver. :)

5. Wee man’s whining. There are a lot of things I can tolerate and handle, and though I love my little guy to death and thing he’s adorable, I don’t think his whining is. I can handle being poop’d and pee’d on, hit, and even the crying. But that fake…whining just drives me nuts. He knows it’s a no-no, and I think that’s why he does it.

6. Space hoggers. I found this happen A LOT in college. You’re working out at the gym and there’s a multitude of empty machines ALL around and that one person comes and picks the machine RIGHT by you. Like..wha? You’ve got a whole row of machines and you pick the one RIGHT by me? Or those people that sit RIGHT by you when there’s a slew of empty tables and chairs. Just…stop trying to burst my bubble of space will ya?

7. Umm. People who over-use “um” when every other word is “um” you obviously need a more extensive vocabulary. Go read the dictionary or something.

8. Doggy child. I’m sorry, but those people who only have dogs and call themselves mommy and daddy bug me. That is not your child. It is your pet. It can be a member of the family. But it is not your child. You can’t leave your child alone all day with a bowl of water and call it good. 

9. Paperwork. WHY do Dr. Offices make you fill out ALL that medical history and ask you ALL those questions if they aren’t going to LOOK at it when you get in there? They simply ask you ALL the questions you just answered again. Why do they even make you fill that junk out? I didn’t fill that out just for fun, go look at it if you want to know.

10. Punctuation. You knew this was coming right? I mean I am an English degree holder. I’m guilty of miss-spelling or even using slang, but I NEVER forget to put a period or capitalize what needs to be capitalized. Facebook drives me mad because I see this all the time, and there’s nothing I can do about it but sigh.

1 comment:

  1. I do this sometimes and I shouldn't but when TEENAGERS use abbreviations instead of words. When did teenagers get so lazy that they can't spell the whole word out?!?!? UR TOTES AWSME. Oh.my.word!!!

    ReplyDelete